MUCH MORE THAN JUST TUTORING!
College Counseling and Coaching for Students with
ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum and other Challenges
Is your college aged child going away to college with social, emotional and/or learning challenges? Wouldn’t it be comforting to know they have the extra support of Master and Doctoral level, highly skilled and licensed professionals directing them, encouraging them and making daily contact with them?
At the Support for Students Growth Center, we are experts in developing the emotional maturity, executive functioning, “soft skills” and social abilities of college students who may have characteristics of ADHD, Learning Disabilities and other needs.
Individualized services are unique for each student, they include, but are not limited to:
- Personalized academic and professional psychological counseling
- Professional therapy for social and emotional challenges (certified therapy dog involved, optional, visit our website to see pics of Daisy “Dawg”)
- Provide parents with ongoing comprehensive updates
- Development of core competencies: daily structure, focus, organization, planning, task initiation and completion
- Collaboration with college supports, including coaches and tutors
- Teach skills to enhance personal growth and academic success in college
- Teach and support strategies to enhance motivation
- Monitoring grades and assignments
- Set realistic performance goals
- Develop/increase independent functioning and living skills
- Provide community-based instruction
- Develop accountable healthy daily habits
- Support balance with school/social life
- Assist in connecting with local academic tutors, coaches and trainers
- Individual or group skill-development in topics like time-management, learning strategies, organization, social skills, etc.
Service Delivery Method:
- In person, in our Boca Raton office, in the local community or on local college campuses
- Via phone/text, Skype, Facetime and in varying combinations
- Students’ parents/guardians can also receive updates on the students’ progress throughout for the sake of transparency and accountability