Therapeutic Social Skills Programs for children, teens, and young adults with virtually all levels of learning disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's Syndrome and PDD-NOS, anxiety, depression, NVLD, OCD, ODD, mood disorders, and other socialization challenges.
Our Therapeutic Social Skills Programs are created to empower children, teens, and young adults in groups between ages 5 through adult.
Please visit our Summer Programs page for specific information about our summer programs.
A note on insurance:
Please be aware that the Support for Students Growth Center offers multidisciplinary interventions that do not fit standard medical procedure codes; therefore, our services are not reimbursable by medical insurers.
Our scientifically-based Therapeutic Social Skills Program focuses on verbal and non-verbal communication skills that may empower children and adolescents to improve in their ability to:
- Read social cues and identify the perspective of others
- Make eye contact and greet peers and adults appropriately
- Initiate and maintain conversations with peers
- Take turns and share with peers
- Identify and verbalize feelings
- Deal with negative feelings and peer pressure
- Make connections between feelings, thoughts, and behaviors
- Make and keep friends
- Stop and think before reacting, and so much more!
Through modeling, discussion, role-playing, video-modeling and cooperative activities, participants work at developing and improving:
- Flexibility and Frustration Tolerance
- Attention and focus
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Impulse Control
- Problem-solving Skills
- Decision-making Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Coping and Relaxation Skills
- Conversation and Assertiveness Skills
Why choose our program?
Virtually all children, teens, and young adults who may benefit from a social skills group are welcome to participate in these sessions.We are centrally located at our new high-tech Boca Raton office, which is located adjacent to the Boca Town Center mall, at: 5458 Town Center Road, Suite 8, Boca Raton, FL 33486.
- Our group sessions empower participants to interact with a group of appropriately matched peers
- Each Session includes a lesson targeting identified skills, cooperative play time, and discussions organized to practice and enhance targeted skills
- Fun social skills games, activities and projects are utilized to reinforce positive, appropriate behaviors that can be generalized to other settings
- Parent are provided with a weekly topic update to increase the ability for generalization of targeted skills
- Each session will have Ph.D. and Master’s level certified and trained Florida Certified Special Education teachers counselors, therapists or behaviorists as facilitator’s and co-facilitators.