College and High School Student Support Program
Do you remember when you began high school or college?
Remember how different everything was?
Now, imagine how much more challenging our kids have it, during a pandemic, as they try to navigate their academic, emotional and social lives with online courses and virtual support, apart from their peers.
Perhaps you can help them, perhaps not, but, we can. We have been since 2012.
At the Support for Students Growth Center we are experts in developing the “success skills”, social abilities, executive functioning and emotional maturity of college students who may have characteristics of ADHD and/or “Asperger’s” (high functioning autism), Learning Disabilities, Social Anxiety and more.
Individualized coaching sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Teach and support strategies to enhance motivation, disorganization, impulsivity, assignment completion, time management, self-advocacy and anxiety
- Monitoring grades
- Develop and support transitioning into college skills
- Set realistic performance goals
- Develop/increase independent functioning and living skills
- Support and monitor healthy daily habits (including video games/sleeping)
- Support balance with school/social life (even during a pandemic)
- Provide parents with ongoing updates
- Empower maturation of social interaction skills
- Ensure accommodations (IEP/504) are available and being used, as needed
- Specialized academic tutoring
Services are provided:
- NOW! Via phone/text, ZOOM, Facetime, email and in varying combinations
Pre and Post COVID-19:
- In person, in our Boca Raton office, in the local community or on local college campuses
Via phone/text, Skype, ZOOM, Facetime and in varying combinations
EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING SKILLS, TIME MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATION, PRIORITIZING, GOAL SETTING AND TASK COMPLETION, PROBLEM SOLVING, MANAGING ANXIETY, CONFLICT RESOLUTION, PUBLIC SPEAKING, SCHOOL/WORK/LIFE BALANCE, INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION, ATTENTION AND FOCUSING SKILLS
We are able to bring specialized individual coaching/counseling to young people who may live with characteristics of:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Gifted, Profoundly Gifted or Twice Exceptional
- Learning Disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia
- Communication Disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Behavioral Issues
- PTSD and school phobias
- Our State certified or licensed tutors are highly experienced, degreed, and have extensive reference and background checks.
We know students with various needs can succeed given the right tools and personalized attention
— which is exactly what our tutoring and coaching programs provide.
Our certified and licensed highly trained and experienced educators and therapists use various “research-based practices” and “scientifically-based” approaches to strengthen the child’s:
- Executive functioning skills
- Higher-order thinking skills
- Self-monitoring and self-regulation skills
- Memory retention and acuity
- Attention awareness and control
- Visual processing skills
- Auditory processing speed and accuracy
- Phonemic awareness
- Language comprehension
Professional “Exceptional Student Education” academic tutoring pre-K to college as well as Executive Functioning Skills (i.e. Time Management, Organizational, and Study/Learning Skills), in Boca Raton and surrounding areas.
Whether your child has academic deficits or other needs a highly trained professional who really understands how they think, function and learn can make all the difference.
We have highly qualified and Certified “Exceptional Student Education” teachers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors Professionals that can tutor them in your home, in a local library or other agreed upon setting.
- Get the same coach/counselor each session so they get to know you, your needs and abilities.
At SSGC our coaches, counselors and licensed therapists we have worked with thousands of students with and without a wide variety of learning, behavioral and perceptual challenges, successfully helping them to reach their potential. Understanding the impact of the testing accommodations that some students may be given, we work one-on-one with each student to adapt a plan that meets a student’s learning style.
Starting classroom and standardized test preparation early – and sharing your child’s IEP, 504 and psycho-educational evaluations with us – are important keys to success!
• Take the “nightmare” out of doing homework • Build student confidence in the classroom • Decrease anxiety over not having time for fun • Remove the fear of falling behind • No more battling with your child over schoolwork
We only employ highly experienced, ESE Certified Professional Educators or Licensed Therapists
We also offer intensive In-Home Emotional-Based Academic Counseling. Please call for details as fees and availability vary.
- Contact us to discuss the needs of your child.
- Complete our online application.
- Purchase one of our affordable packages.
- Your hand-picked coach/counselor will contact you with-in 24 hours, for a 15-minute, cost free, planning phone consultation.
- You and your coach/counselor will set up specific day(s) and time(s) for online coaching/counseling sessions.