If your child struggles with, ADHD, “ Aspergers”, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Social Anxiety, Depression, Learning Disabilities, Communication Disorders, or just plain old “shyness”, we have therapeutic social skills groups, classes and programs that can supplement the services you may already provide them. All potential participants are interviewed by Dr. Nach to ensure proper group placement, which is made based on age, ability and need.
Our scientifically-based Therapeutic Social Skills Program focuses on verbal and non-verbal communication skills that may empower children and adolescents to improve in their ability to:
- Read social cues and identify the perspective of others
- Make eye contact and greet peers and adults appropriately
- Initiate and maintain conversations with peers
- Take turns and share with peers
- Identify and verbalize feelings
- Deal with negative feelings and peer pressure
- Make connections between feelings, thoughts, and behaviors
- Make and keep friends
- Stop and think before reacting, and so much more!
Through modeling, discussion, role-playing, video-modeling and cooperative activities, participants work at developing and improving:
- Flexibility and Frustration Tolerance
- Attention and focus
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Impulse Control
- Problem-solving Skills
- Decision-making Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Coping and Relaxation Skills
- Conversation and Assertiveness Skills
Why choose our program?
Virtually all children, teens, and young adults who may benefit from a social skills group are welcome to participate in these sessions.We are centrally located at our new high-tech Boca Raton office, which is located adjacent to the Boca Town Center mall, at: 5458 Town Center Road, Suite 8, Boca Raton, FL 33486.
- Our group sessions empower participants to interact with a group of appropriately matched peers
- Sessions build upon one another; therefore, each Series is unique to itself
- Each Session includes a lesson targeting identified skills, cooperative play time, and discussions organized to practice and enhance targeted skills
- Fun social skills games, activities and projects are utilized to reinforce positive, appropriate behaviors that can be generalized to other settings
- Parent are provided with a weekly topic update to increase the ability for generalization of targeted skills
- Parents are provided with an individualized progress report twice a year for as long as the participant continues in our program
- Each session will have a minimum of three (Ph.D. and Master’s level) certified and trained Florida Certified Special Education teachers’ counselors, therapists or behaviorists as facilitator’s and co-facilitators.