Weekly Sessions for Students
Grades 3 to young adults
Does this sound familiar?
- Does your child struggle with organizing their thoughts, tasks, and responsibilities?
- Does your student have difficulties with managing their time and assignments?
- Is homework time a “struggle” in your home?
- Does your child need to learn, “how to learn”?
Have you heard this?
- “I know my homework is here somewhere…”
- “I swear I handed in my work, the teacher must have lost it…”
- “I don’t need to take notes, I can remember everything important…”
- “The teacher never said we were going to have a test…”
- “School is stupid”…
Does this sound familiar? If so, our Executive Functioning Program (Learning Strategies and Organizational Skills) can be the answer you and your child are searching for.
4 “W’s” and an “I”
In our Scientifically-based, Executive Functioning Program (Learning Strategies and Organizational Skills), we teach essential skills NOT directly taught in school:
What: By direct teaching to enhance “organization skills”, “time management skills”, “critical thinking skills” and “problem solving” abilities, your child can become more teachable, flexible and adaptable to academic and life situations.
Who: We offer separate age appropriate groups for elementary school grades (3-5), middle school grades (6-8), high school grades (9-12), and college-aged young adults.
When: After school hours, days and times vary per age and needs (Students can attend one or multiple sessions each week). Call for course offering details.
Service offered year-round.
Where: Our “Hi-Tech” Boca Raton Centre (5458 Town Center Rd, Boca Raton, FL; adjacent to the Boca Town Center Mall in the Med+Plex bldg.)
We are not “watching” your child do their HW or give them worksheets to complete,
we teach them how to be successful, independent students and lifelong learners.
Some of the topics we target include:
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- HW starting, completing, and handing in
- Taking and using class notes
- Following directions
- Self advocacy
- Self-regulation, including monitoring
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving and cognitive flexibility
- Executive Functioning Development and Management
Studies conclude that children with more developed “Learning Strategies, Organizational Skills and Executive Functioning” Skills:
- Earn better grades on report cards and earn higher GPAs
- Attain higher achievement and college-admissions test scores
- Gain admission to selective high schools and colleges
- Have fewer school absences
- Spend more productive time on homework and studying
- Watch less TV
- Play on their “screens” less
- Procrastinate less
- Start their homework earlier in the day
- Start long-term assignments earlier in the project timeline
Our experience has shown that strong “Executive Functioning” increase a child’s sense of well-being, increase their enjoyment of school and learning, and decrease frustration while contributing to overall parent-child, sibling, and peer relationships.
- No contracts required
- Discounts available.
- Instructors: Ph.D. and Masters degree level Florida Certified Teachers, ONLY!
- Proprietary curriculum developed by, Dr. Eric Nach, Ph.D., M.Ed., ASD certified Developmental and Behavioral Specialist